To report severe weather, call toll-free 1-877-633-6772.The National Weather Service issues warnings for many types of severe weather. Our equipment and tools help us anticipate and warn for situations that threaten life and/or property. However, the only way we know a severe event occurred is by human or “ground truth” reports. These reports not only tell us what happened, but could help us anticipate future events. Please call us toll-free at 1-877-633-6772 if you observe any of the following:
- Hail of any size – report the size of the largest hailstone
- Wind Damage (structural damage or trees/power lines down)
- Stream flooding, street flooding, or streams approaching bankfull
- Ice damage (broken tree limbs or slick roads)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a trained Skywarn spotter, please use the toll-free number given to you at your training session.
A computer answering system will ask you a series of questions in order to identify the type and severity of weather which you are reporting. Please provide the following information with your report:
- When – Start time and, if possible, duration of event.
- Where – Location(s) of event (or path)
- What – Types of severe weather observed
- Your phone number (if we need additional information)
When your call is completed, the computer system will alert the warning staff of your report. We appreciate your help!